Skip Bins

Skip bin hire companies must now apply to Council for permission to place bins on the carriageway or nature strip.

Council's Policy is based on the VicRoads Code of Practice for the Placement of Bins on Roadsides.

For Domestic Waste purposes a casual permit fee of $50.00 per bin for each placement is payable.

Download the Skip Bin Permit Application Form

Building Site Waste Containers (Including Skip Bins) will require an Asset Protection Permit to occupy a road for the carrying out of works in association with building works or a building site under part 4 of the Hume City Council General Local law No. 1. Inquiries should be made with Building Control Services.

The applicant is required to fully comply with Council's Shipping Containers and Waste Skips Policy

Penalties for not complying with the Local Law may include an on the spot infringement of $200 or if warranted the company may be summonsed to appear at a Magistrates Court where the maximum penalty may be up to $2000.

Bins that do not comply with Council's Policy and that have been placed in a dangerous situation will be impounded by Council and all costs involved will be charged to the bin owner.

Updated : 12:57 PM, 15 June 2020

What's Near Me?