Commonwealth Home Support Programme

Getting older happens – and that’s okay! Your age doesn’t mean you have to give up what you love.

Council can support you, or the person you care for, feel safe and comfortable at home and in the community. To access these services, you need to be approved and assessed as eligible for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme. This process is handled by My Aged Care.

Before you can access the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, you must be deemed eligible for assessment by My Aged Care.
Meal Services
Council has a range of meal options available.
Home Support
Hume City Council provides services to help you feel supported to live longer in your own home.
Community Transport
We provide transport that allows you to independently access local activities, venues, senior centres, leisure centres, shops and more.
Property Maintenance Service
minor household repairs and modifications to make your home safe, secure and comfortable are available to eligible residents
Social Support Groups
Hume City Council delivers a variety of programs that aim to provide fun, positive experience and encourage new friendships.

Updated : 2:18 PM, 16 August 2019

Related Links

What's Near Me?