Building Forms

Before you select your hard copy application form, ensure you have all the documents/photos you wish to accompany your application and send these in with the filled out form. Alternatively Hume City Council has now introduced eHume. You can apply, lodge and pay for your application/lodgement online with more efficiency and a quicker turnaround time. To register for eHume please click here.

Building Permit Applications

Building Permit Application Form - To apply for a Building Permit.

Fees and Charges

Download the Building Fee Schedule to see what fees and charges are required.

Asset Protection

APP01 - Permit to carry out building works costing more than $20,000 and/or Permit to enter a building site by means of motor vehicle having a gross weight exceeding 2 tonnes.
APP02 - Permit for Skip Bin on Nature Strip where there is insufficient space on building site.
APP08 - Permit to access building site from a point other than a vehicle crossing (usually used in conjunction with an APP01 when it is necessary to access a building site from a point other than a vehicle crossing).

Report and Consent Application

Application for Report and Consent - If you wish to build over an easement. Also includes street, side and rear setbacks, building height, walls on boundary, fence heights and setbacks, overlooking, over shadowing, site coverage, permeability.

R51 (1) - Details of any Permit or Certificate of Final inspection issued in the preceding 10 years.

For a Reg 51 (1) Certificate in regard to a Unit or Subdivided property, if the Occupancy Permit details are required, it may be required to apply for (a) the actual unit concerned and (b) the Parent Property details from where the original permit was issued. The reason: a unit is usually created from an original (Parent) property. Once created the unit and Parent become two separate legal entities. Therefore, to obtain details of the original permit issued you will require the Parent property details. Therefore two applications may need to be applied for. If in doubt, please call Building Support 9205 2325. 

R51 (2) - Land prone to termites/flooding.
R51 (3) - Inspection approval dates.

Copy of Plans/Permits 

If you are seeking to obtain copies of the structural plans and specifications for your House (including associated domestic outbuildings), you should apply for copies of your Building Permit documents (above) and not for Planning Copy of Plans.


Application for Half Cost Fencing

Other Forms

Apply to register your swimming pool and/or spa

Application for an Occupancy Permit (POPE)

Building Permit Extension of Time

Building Control Investigation Request

Affected Adjoining Owners Consent Form

Application to Amend Building Permit


Updated : 11:58 AM, 1 July 2020

Related Links

What's Near Me?