Forms & Online Services

lA list of commonly used forms, permits and online services can be found here. To find other specific documents such as  strategies, policies. media releases, magazines and newsletters visit Council Publications & Forms.

Animals - Registering Your Pet

By law, all dogs and cats must be registered with Council by 10 April each year. All dogs and cats must be registered from when they turn three months of age. Registering your dog or cat greatly improves their chances of being returned to you if they become lost.
.For more information visit the Pets & Animals page and download the Animal Registration Form.pdf.

Building & Planning

Are you about to start building or renovating? Make sure you have obtained all relevant building permits before you start. Whether building a verandah, carport, deck, fence, retaining wall, gazebo, swimming pool or spa - a building permit is required. Search our Building and Planning document library.

Download Building Forms

All Building Forms can be found on our forms page.

For more information or assistance please contact Building Control Services Department on 9205 2200 or visit Building, Renovations and Extensions.

Planning Permits

An application for planning permit must include all relevant documentation including a current copy Certificate of Title together with any covenants and/or agreements (if applicable). For more information visit our Planning section.

Download Planning Forms

Planning Permit Application Form.pdf

Link to Schedule of Planning Permit Application Fees

Amend a Planning Permit

Application Form to Amend a Planning Permit.pdf

Bus Hire - Booking Enquiry Form

Council is committed to ensuring the safety of the community and in response to changes in the bus safety act, all user groups of Council’s community busses must be Registered Operators with Transport Safety Victoria to access Councils community buses. Information provided by Transport Safety Victoria can be found at Transport Safety.
Victoria on 1800 223 022 or email Info at Transport Safety to commence the registration process.

Once registered, you must provide a copy of the registration to Council for our records. Council requires all community groups to be Registered Operators with Transport Safety Victoria
• buses will only be hired to incorporated not-for-profit organisations who hold their owconsenn public liability insurance policy.
• buses will not be hired to individuals for personal use.
• Council reserves the right to refuse any group that does not meet or adhere to the Guidelines and/or Conditions of Use.
To hire a bus please call us on 9205 2200 or use the Online Booking Enquiry Form or for more information visit Community Transport & Bus Hire

Disabled Parking Permits

Link to Disabled Parking Permit Application.pdf 
Disabled Parking permits may be allocated for a driver, passenger or both. For more information visit our  Disabled Parking Permits section. 

Food Stalls/Festivals

Single approval for temporary & mobile food premises to operate in Victoria. From 1 July 2011, a state-wide registration and notification scheme for temporary and mobile food premises applies under the Food Act 1984.  All temporary and mobile food businesses are affected by these changes. Please contact Public Health Services on 9205 2200 or for further information or Statement of Trade forms visit Department of Health - Food Safety website or our information about Food Businesses.

General Service Request

Visit Hume City Council's Customer Service Centres at Broadmeadows, Sunbury or Craigieburn where our friendly and highly skilled customer service staff are happy to assist with all requests and enquiries. Alternatively, our Customer Service Centres can be contacted on 9205 2200 or complete an online request form.

Health Information

How to submit - Septic Tank Application Form.doc

Hire of Council Facilities & Halls

Is your community group looking for a venue? Planning a Wedding, Birthday Party, Christening or perhaps an Engagement?
Online Enquiry Form- Casual Hire of Council Facilities. Link to further information about our Halls for Hire and to hire a bus visit Community Transport & Bus Hire

Local Laws

How to submit - Application to Place Bulk Rubbish Containers on Public Land.pdf

How to submit - Application to Place Items on a Footpath.pdf

How to submit - Application for Advertising A-Board Sign.pdf

Library - Membership

Join the library. Membership is free and open to everyone. Visit Hume Libraries for information on how to join.

Rates and Valuations

Hume City Council allows the payment of rates via a number of payment methods. Online Payments
These are listed on the back of your rates notice and include:

Report Graffiti and/or Dumped Rubbish Hotline

Tired of seeing graffiti ruining the look of our beautiful city? Want to help do something about it quickly and easily? Residents can call Council's new graffiti hotline and change graffiti in Hume for good. Residents and business owners can call Council on (03) 9205 2200, day or night to report graffiti in any part of Hume or Report Graffiti & Dumped Rubbish Online

Vehicle Cross Over & Road Opening Permits

All work on Council Road Reserves (i.e. vehicle crossings, nature strips landscaping or utility works) require permits. To obtain a permit, complete the application form and submit to any of our Customer Service Centres. This form is not permission to start work you must await Council's response: Consent to work within a Hume City Council Road Reserve.pdf

Waste, Hard Rubbish & Landfills

How do I arrange for a new waste service? To commence a new service, please complete a online request form. If you would like a form to be mailed to you, please call us on 9205 2200 or email

Link to more information about Waste, Hard Rubbish, Recycling and Landfills (Tips)

Updated : 10:31 AM, 4 December 2019

What's Near Me?